A true local attorney, Ian graduated from Dalton High School in 2004. He attended Emory University and graduated summa cum laude with a double major in History and Latin American Studies. Ian then attended George Mason School of Law in Arlington, Virginia, graduating magna cum laude, where he specialized in litigation and served as Board Member for the Moot Court Board and the Trial Advocacy Association. Using his Provisional 3rd Year Practice License, Ian tried over 100 at the local Public Defender’s Office before he even left law school.
Ian began his litigation practice in Virginia trying cases ranging from drive-by shootings, to attempted capital murder, to speeding and DUI tickets. He also diversified his litigation practice into custody, divorce, child advocacy, and general civil litigation.
Wishing to return closer to home, he accepted a position as an Assistant District Attorney in the Lookout Circuit in 2019 where he prosecuted cases in Walker and Catoosa Counties. After 2 years, Ian then took a position as an Assistant District Attorney in Whitfield County. While an ADA, Ian tried numerous cases to verdict, including home invasion, armed robbery, street gang activity, DUI’s, sex offenses, and stabbings, among the hundreds of cases he handled.
In 2023, Ian joined Morris & Dean to add to their stable of litigation attorneys. Using his experience as both a prosecutor and a criminal defense attorney, Ian will give you a balanced analysis of what you are facing and how best to fight it. Ian is also excited to bring his courtroom skills to a personal injury law firm with years of experience.
- Assistant District Attorney – Conasauga (Whitfield and Murray Counties) – 2021-2023
- Assistant District Attorney – Lookout Mountain (Walker, Catoosa, Dade, and Chattooga Counties) – 2019-2021
- Trial Attorney – Spencer, Meyer, Koch & Cornick – 2013-2019
- Assistant Public Defender in Stafford County- 2012-2013
- Admitted to the Georgia Bar – 2019
- Admitted to the Virginia Bar – 2012
- George Mason University School of Law, Arlington, VA
- Juris Doctor – magna cum laude, May 2012
- Emory University, Atlanta, GA
- Bachelor of Arts – summa cum laude – History and Latin American Studies, May 2008